What to Expect When You Meet With Us
When you meet with one of our funeral directors to discuss your arrangements, they will offer you a copy of our general price list, which can be used to acquaint you with our service options, and the prices for the services we provide Each step of the way, we will guide you through the arrangement process, asking questions about your loved one, so together we can plan a service which memorializes the deceased in the way you wish for them to be remembered. We want you to be actively involved and communicate your ideas and preferences, share your loved one's life story, revisit memories and highlight their accomplishments. Our funeral directors will use this information to guide you in the creation of a personalized, meaningful celebration of your loved one's life.
This process may include:
- Preparing and filing the official death certificate
- Scheduling the services and events (including the location, date, and time)
- Selecting a casket, urn, or other products you may need
- Drafting an obituary
- Arranging necessary transportation
To help express your loved one's personality and life story, feel free to bring any memorabilia - like photos, videos, music, crafts, or treasured items. These will give us an idea of the deceased and the things they enjoyed, and ultimately help us to plan a meaningful, personal celebration of their life. Even if you're not sure how a particular aspect of their life might be incorporated, don't hesitate to ask; we can often make unique suggestions.
We want to make this process as smooth and stress-free for you as we can, and you can come prepared for your meeting by bringing the following information about your loved one.
- Full legal name
- Full legal home address
- Social security number
- Date of birth
- Place of birth
- Father's name
- Mother's maiden name
- Veteran's discharge papers (DD-214), if applicable
- Highest level of education
- Chosen place of burial, if applicable
- Clothing you would like us to use
- Recent photograph
- Clergy name and phone number, if applicable
- Names and relationships of survivors
- Insurance policy information, if applicable
Have Pre-Arrangements Been Made?
If your loved one has not specified any arrangements or preferences previously, here are some initial questions you may need to answer when you consult with our funeral directors:
- Should I choose embalming?
- Do I need to purchase a casket?
- What kind of funeral or memorial service should I plan?
- Are there any religious or ethnic traditions or customs I need to plan for?
- Do I need the services of a clergy member or spiritual leader?
- Do I wish to have contributions made to a charity in memory of my loved one?
These questions are a beginning point, and you don't need to know the answers right away. Start thinking about your decisions, and feel free to call us with your questions.. We are here to make this process easier for you, and we can start by making sure that you have all of the information and guidance you will need.
If you have any questions, please call us at (954) 462-4262.